Monday, June 16

Camping

Finally, Drew got to take off Friday and Saturday so that we could head out to the mountains!! We made our way out to Estes Park, CO and had camp set up by 2pm on Friday. We walked quite a ways to get to a creek where Drew enjoyed fly fishing and I got to snap a couple of pics. It got quite chilly, so we made a fire at night and Drew cooked up some awesome chicken breasts!! He also put on a pot of coffee to warm us up. What a doll. Things have been going really well out here though. I am working at Breakfast on Broadway, a little cafe, with one of Drew's roomies, Dan. I love the people that I am working with. They are all very relaxed and laid back, which is a completely different environment than the one at Rose's. I have made a couple contacts for Silpada and have booked 2 shows so far (a couple pending). So...I am making money and working hard, getting to see some cool places, creating relationships and having fun! Here are some pics from this weekend's excursion to the mountains.

ahhh...the happily engaged couple.

We stopped and ate in the little town of Nederland. Of course, we had to stop to snap a photo.
On the way back Drew and I would randomly pull over on the side of the road to take some pics. I had the most beautiful view, but Drew clearly thought he did.
We also stopped on the side of the highway on the way back so Drew could cast a few. I threw on my suit and caught some rays!!

On the river.
My proud man after killing the little innocent squirrel who ate our chicken (that we ended up eating anyway-eww...)
And then he, Drew, was so mesmorized by the circle of life. 2 hours after his death, Mr. Squirrel was dinner for Mr. Crow. mwa-ha-haOn our late night walk, we got a peek of the peak. Beautiful. What was better was the 3am view of the stars in the mountains!! The only word...whoaaaaa.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

gorgeous!!
i love the pics.
Thanks for updating!!
I can't wait to see you in less than 24 hours!! :)
xoxo

older posts