Monday, February 25

Falla Fiesta

Wow I am blogging quite a bit, huh? Well, yesterday we had a "fiesta" with about 30 of my neighbors (a bit like a block party). It was raining, but we all crammed in this little shed behind our plaza. Lindsay was able to come with me to enjoy the craziness. Maite was definately the life of the party with her "Reina"(Queen) get-up on. Speaking of queens, we ate like them as you can see with the large pot of meat and appetizers. We also had plenty of drinks on the table, none of which Lindsay and I participated in of course :) Needless to say, it may have been raining outside, but that didn't bother any of us! Enjoy the pics.
Above: cebollas (onions) and carne (meat)

Vicen, the Visman, Maria Jose (neighbors)

Vicen is a fisherman. I was chatting with him and it turns out that he spent 3 years in San Diego, California with a group working in some marina-pretty interesting.

Linds and I were a bit scared of Maite. Wouldn't you be!

Quiero presentarle a nuestra Reina.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha you're having quite some fun the're

Groetjes Hans

Julie said...

wow, ev. great pictures. muchísimas gracias. Maite looks very fun.
it was SO good to hear your voice the other day. I'm glad we got to do that.

Julie (and N&E)

Unknown said...

:) love it!

Jaime said...

Hi Evie,
Sounds like you are having a great adventure! I am glad you are having fun b/c we miss you like crazy :)
Avery and Makenna say HI.
Avery likes to tell people that "evie is in spaaaaaaaain"
Much Love and Kisses,
Jaime

older posts