Friday, February 22

La Pasteleria



Shoot. I just wrote a whole bunch and it got erased. Short version: I am working in a bakery for my ethnographic study about 2 hours 3 days/week. It's a great experience because I chat with the natives! Susanna is on the right. She is from Pais Vasco (Northern Spain) and yes, mom, she is 32. Vero, on the left, has been living in Denia for quite some time and is mother of 2.

Forn means "Horno" which is another dialect in Spain(Valenciano) for "oven". My co-workers speak in Valenciano (the other dialect), which is quite like French, but I can understand a bit of it. I didn't get a picture of them, but in our store as well is Miguel, the owner, and Cristina (his daughter). I don't get paid, but I do get free pastries and what not--works for me!! Until later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, who are the ladies? The bread looks yummy! These are not the ladies of whom you say they 're 30years old, are they?

Unknown said...

miss you like crazy!
you're beautiful in EVERY way!
xoxo, Lo

older posts