Sunday, August 8

sewing...a new hobby

I decided that I needed and wanted to develop a hobby because I live with a man full of them! After researching sewing a bit and remembering how fun it was as a little girl to help my Oma sew, I decided in order to do it I needed my own machine. Last Saturday I went to Target and bought my first Singer Sewing Machine! I had a blast in JoAnne Fabrics looking at all the different fabrics, buttons, threads, patterns...  So far I have made 4 pillow cases and 1 pillow. Next I hope to get started on drapes for the bedrooms and front window!
I inherited 4 pillows from Joel and Gina's moving sale...so now our guests finally have pillows!
It was definitely an experiment as I didn't follow a pattern.
Handmade flowers and pillow (16"x16"). So much fun!
Singer Model 2250


4 comments:

jamie said...

wow ev! good work! nice car...love it! and i absolutely love your new hobby and pillow! you might have to go into business doing that.

Anonymous said...

what do you mean.....nice car? evie.....did you get a new car? i'd like to see pictures on the blog!
erin

Mom In't Hout said...

(Wow! Three posts while I was on vacation for 5 days!) Impressive!!..on the pillows. But then again, you never cease to amaze me. You made the regular white pillow cases too or just added the stitching? Next project? Poor Drew, I'm feeling for you in having to give up Suzy!

Anonymous said...

being an artist I certainly appreciate another's handiwork—what beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.

older posts