Wednesday, April 15

just sign me up for "Better Homes & Garden"

I've been doing some odds & ends projects around the house lately and Monday was very productive. Drew and I have been living without curtains in our closet/extra bedroom as well as in our bedroom since we moved in. Let's just say, it can be a bit awkward at times ;) Anyway, I went to Home Depot and bought a 72" blind for our living room (I wouldn't recommend hanging it alone!!), took down the curtain rod and put that in the closet, and hung curtains in our room.


I also bought some things to start our garden. First we have to till some mushroom compost, then lay the treated wood (16 ft by 4 ft), and then we lay the soil. I started the seeds in a mini greenhouse and in about 3 weeks or whenever they sprout, we get to transplant them into the soil!
here is the mini greenhouse with all the little peats of soil and seeds inside
the different plants that we'll have are:
tomatoes
onions
beets
peppers
squash
cucumber
spinach
lettuce
garden bean
dill
cilantro
basil

okay, now out of the plants in bold, can you match their seeds in the pics below?
1.2.3.4.5.

6 comments:

Mom In't Hout said...

Wow! You're so good! Why settle for Better Homes? How about Simple or Living or is it Simple Living? I'll have to plan a trip out there to help you eat all your veggies.
Love it!

Julie said...

I'll write what I think the seeds are later. But let me just say I'm super jealous. I'm dying to have a little garden. Sigh.

Julie said...

1. garden bean
2. squash
3. onion
4. spinach
5. beet

love your sheets too, btw!

CarBasics said...

I do love this time of year, getting your veggie crops going and thinking about all those yummy recipes.

Also thinking what can I try this year that I haven't done before ........ this year we are trying leeks, I love leeks.

Have a look how easy they are to grow at ;

www.minigreenhouse.org.uk

Gammon and leek ravioli parcels using home made pasta .... wow I have suddenly made myself really hungry.

evie devries said...

julie...you are correcto!! you win!!

LCHS 2013 said...

Love the curtains! Where did you get them?

older posts