Wednesday, April 1

home...home on the range...

I went home to Michigan last weekend for my cousin, Jennifer's wedding. It was anything but relaxing, but everything enjoyable! I flew in Thursday to have the rehearsal and dinner at Mangiamo's. Friday was the wedding. Jennifer looked absolutely gorgeous.

jenny getting her makeup done by tiffany
all smiles.
I now present to you Mr. and Mrs. Richard Griffen!!
Saturday I hung out with Mom & Dad DV, Jaime, Julie, Steve and the gals. It was so great seeing everyone again. I now have 3 sisters-in-law that are pregnant. Jaime is due in 6 1/2 weeks now. She and Steve will be heading to Ann Arbor to deliver because the baby has hypo-plastic left heart syndrome. This means that the left ventricle in litte Sam, the baby boy's, heart is under-developed. They need some major prayers especially in the next few weeks.
Saturday night I went over to eat some pizza and hang out at J and Kev's house. The girls were mowing down on some cookie dough...entire hands dunked in the big bowl.
all she wants for Christmas are "her 2 front teeth" (Makenna)
they all gather around the bowl of cookie dough...so cute...I think J got 8 cookies our of it still!
Sunday I went to church and then the In't Houts got together for some good eatin' (of course). At about 4pm I got to go meet up with my girlfriends!! We went to Lora's home for some Sunday coffee and yummy coffee cake (thanks shar!). I am reminded that no matter the distance, good friends will always remain close. I enjoyed sitting back and listening to the hilarious stories shared. Back at home (9pm), the aunts and uncles were gathered around our kitchen table to share the last night with their dutch cousins, Rita en Ina. They were, of course, eating...herring, buns, cheese, dips, chips...dropjes...

Monday I ate breakfast by Opa and Oma, took their car to Mom DV, went to the mall with her and Makenna, and then back to Opa and Oma for lunch before my flight. As you can see, it was busy busy busy...but SO fantastic to see everyone.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Jenny looks beautiful!

And I love your shutterfly pic of those girls all sitting on the counter watching J make the cookie dough. So fun.

oma said...

hi Evie andDrew sodid you had a good time with the fam
mom told us about the fish you getst and eet them too.so wen are you are coming again ? miss je opa wil naar bed het is 11.45 have a happy easter love you both Oma en opa

older posts