Saturday, March 7

just an update

It's been quite some time since I last blogged. I am pretty sure it's because I am getting used to my work routine & what not (however that's all the more reason to get out and take some random pics). This week really started learning to embrace the "dull" & down times at home. I think I want to either learn a new language or study something random with my free time (after the nap that is ;). My top choices: birds, wine, or flowers. hmm...quite different I think!

This week's weather was unreal! I laid out a day, took a long walk....sweat....in a tank top!! I also raked a TON of leaves in our backyard. There are in 6 piles that Drew and I will hopefully get to on Monday--our day off.
you can see 1 pile in the background here...imagine 6!!

I talked about our new bed the last post, so here is a picture of it. We are loving our little shack!
the bed
the large painting in our living room...thanks to mom dv
Last night Drew and I went over to our friends, Joel and Gina, and had "Fondue Friday"! After din-din we sat and watched "Express: the Ernie Davis Story" (he's the first black man to win the Huisman?Heisman?). Speaking of which, Drew and I have seen so many good movies lately: "Changeling", "Express", "Australia", "Confessions of a Shopaholic", & "The Reader" (which I thought would be very disturbing, but I highly recommend it because the story line is so great!)
joel & gina
Oh, last but not least, I had to give a shout out to my hubby for getting my some bomb a** flowers for valentines day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No kidding, Ev-on the bom-** flowers, that is. Nice to see a picture of Joel and Gina, too. Whatever you decide to take up for a study, I'm sure you'll love it. How about Photography? Lot of work, huh, all those leaves? It looks so great - "gezellig".
Can't wait to come some time.

Julie said...

I know Joel... somehow. I'm not sure how.
Great work on your house. And I LOVE the painting!
Thanks for the update. I think you and I should start a business together in your free time. :)
Oh, and thanks for the bday greetings!

older posts